When soul singer Amy Winehouse was found dead at her North London home in late July many believed that the extraordinary talented soul singer had died from a drugs overdose but yesterday her publicist released the following statement:
“Toxicology results returned to the Winehouse family by authorities have confirmed that there were no illegal substances in Amy’s system at the time of her death.
“Results indicate that alcohol was present but it cannot be determined as yet if it played a role in her death.”
Speaking about his only daughter at her funeral, Mitch Winehouse defended the Back to Black singer insisting to everyone that she had been clean of drugs for weeks as he battled down the pain amid rumours that Amy had gone out the night before her death and scored a massive stash of drugs.
On receiving the Toxicology reports proving that Amy Winehouse, 27, was clean of drugs when she died her grieving family issued the following statement:
“The family would like to thank the police and coroner for their continuing thorough investigations and for keeping them informed throughout the process and await the outcome of the full inquest to be held in October.”